MGM Grand debuts new Lobby Bar experience
MGM Grand has reimagined the Lobby Bar experience for guests and visitors with a new beverage program by MGM Resorts International’s executive director of beverage, Julian Cox. Now open, the new Lobby Bar offers a newly designed social gathering space with elevated bar offerings within a welcoming and fun environment for guests to enjoy on any occasion.
Cox is widely viewed as one of the great culinary talents in the United States. His innovative style, progressive cocktails, and unprecedented techniques have garnered national recognition in the food and beverage industry, in addition to his work alongside industry icons. Cox’s artistic vision contributes to cocktail menu development, bartender training, cultivation of a resort’s spirits collection, and more for restaurants and bars across MGM Resorts International’s iconic Las Vegas and regional casino-resort destinations.
Conceptualized by Cox exclusively for MGM Grand’s Lobby Bar, the menu features an array of new speciality libations and large format cocktails such as:
- Gru Old Fashioned: made with Woody Creek Single Barrel Whiskey, El Dorado 12-Year-Old Rum, crème de banana, and orange bitters
- Pop Star: created with Paladar blanco, citrus, passionfruit, habanero, carrot and Mal Bien Mezcal
- Fist Full of Dollars: handmade with Remy 1738, Amaro Montanegro, lemon, Cointreau, and cinnamon
- Yuzu Illusion: (colour-changing, juniper-laced lemon drop energy), crafted with Woody Creek Summer Gin, St. Germain, lemon, and yuzu
- MGM Grand Espresso Martini: made with Ketel One Vodka, Mr. Black, demerara, fresh espresso, and white chocolate
- Billions: a shareable cocktail for 2-4 people is served in crystal glasses and is made with Old Forrester Prohibition series, Macallan MGM Private Label, local honey, MGM house bitters, and gold leaf
- First Class: (a citrus and fruit based margarita riff), a large-format cocktail that serves 4-6 people and is handmade with tequila blanco, hibiscus, Aperol, pineapple, Don’s Mix, lime, and Peychaud’s bitters
The new venue design features a beautiful colour palette of purples, maroons, light pinks, and creams on lounge chairs, banquettes, barstools, pillows, and drapery. Fixtures and furniture pieces are accentuated with gold metal finishes adding visual appeal as marble cocktails and communal tables sit atop a luxe patterned carpet that spans the venue. Decorative lighting with glass pendants above the bar and speciality chandeliers throughout the lounge set the mood as rose gold mirror shelves highlight an assortment of available spirits.
“The Lobby Bar is such a fun and interactive part of the guest experience whether meeting before or after an MGM Grand Garden Arena event, hanging out with friends, or people watching,” said MGM Grand VP of food & beverage, Andreas Reich. “We’ve created a place where everyone will feel welcome, at any time of day, along with an outstanding cocktail program crafted by the talented Julian Cox.”
Source: Read Full Article